Annual event in Albany, New York to feature keynote speaker Dr. Helen R. Connors, E. Jean M. Hill Professor, University of Kansas School of Nursing and Center for Healthcare Informatics.
Dr. Helen Connors
On May 1, 2015, the Excelsior College School of Nursing will host its annual Educational Institute in Albany, New York. This year’s event will focus on nursing empowerment, innovations, and initiatives in nursing and feature an address by Helen R. Connors, PhD, RN, Dr PS (Hon), FAAN, E. Jean M. Hill Professor, University of Kansas School of Nursing and Center for Healthcare Informatics.
Register for Educational Institute.
The event is being sponsored by the Excelsior College School of Nursing, Kinsinger Institute for Nursing Excellence, Tau Kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau, and Albany Medical Center. Topics explored throughout the day will include creating innovation in education and practice and the impact of paradigm shifts in leadership. The day will also include poster sessions, vendors, and several podium presentations.
By the end of this Educational Institute, participants will be able to:
- Develop strategies to assist nurses and nursing students to become empowered.
- Describe the use of power in professional practice and education.
- Identify how nurses can enhance the image of nursing at the regional, national, and global level.
- Explain how both power and empowerment are recognized and achieved at macro and micro levels of nursing.
- Create a personal action plan for professional empowerment.
Educational Institute attendees will be eligible for a maximum of 6.0 continuing nursing education credits. Albany Medical Center is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
To register, visit the Educational Institute registration page. The cost to attend the event in-person is $90, with an early bird rate of $75, if registered by April 20. In addition, attendees have the option to participate online at a cost of $50.