We are proud to announce the arrival of Excelsior’s new master of business administration program. The new master of business administration program helps students accelerate their management careers by completing the degree in 36-45 credits.
The new MBA program is designed to facilitate career advancement, especially for those who work in middle management positions in business, the private sector, public sector, and in non-profits.
- 3 foundation courses (Quantitative Analysis, Organizational Behavior, Managerial Economics)
- Core courses include Accounting for Managers, Global Business, Environment, Marketing, Finance, Information Technology, Operations Management, Project Management, and Leadership, Strategy, and Policy)
- 9-credit concentrations or a General Business option
- Students may waive/transfer in a maximum of 24 credits
- The capstone course must be taken with Excelsior College
- Upon admission to the MBA program, individuals receive an individualized evaluation that indicates the courses they should complete to qualify for the degree
- An overall GPA of 3.0 is required for the completion of the MBA
- Accreditation by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
- No GMAT required
Faculty Program Director for HR and Leadership Dr. Michele Paludi commented that, “this is an exciting development for our popular MBA program and the changes that we have implemented ensure that it continues to be an effective management qualification that is fit for the 21st century. Our alumni have gone on to advance their careers in a range of different industries and the competencies and knowledge gained in this program equip the modern manager with an impressive portfolio of skills with which to thrive in the ever-changing business environment in which they will find themselves.”
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of management-related occupations will grow by 6 percent from 2014–2024, resulting in approximately 506,000 new jobs. MBA students are in high demand by organizations and they command higher salaries, are promoted earlier than their peers, and can transition to different disciplines in the organization because of the flexibility of their skills and knowledge. Employers report that hiring MBA graduates has resulted in improved recruiting and hiring practices in their organization, improved data analytics, improved training programs, and a better performance management system.
To find out more about the new MBA program, contact Dr. Michele Paludi at email@example.com or check out the MBA webpage.